1. If Lil Durk chose Lil Durk as his alias, it’s because Durk is his real name on the marital status. (his name is Durk Derrick Banks) and that he is only 70 meters tall.
two. His father was sentenced to life in prison without the possibility of release. when Lil Durk wasn’t even two years old. Arrested in 1993, in July 1994 Dontay Banks Sr. was found guilty of running a crack and cocaine trafficking network.
However, he finally regained his freedom 25 years later, in 2019, after appealing the decision.
3. As a teenager, Lil Durk was also close to being wrong: was a member of the Black Disciplesone of the most feared gangs in Chicago.
4. Founded in 2010, collective son Only The Family (King Von, Booka600, Boss Top…) mainly includes members of Black Disciples
5. Lil Durk became a father at 17.
Far from staying there, ten years later, at age 27, he was the father of six children (Angelo, Bella, Zayden, Du’mier, Willow and Skyler), born to four different mothers.
Still, last year he tweeted out loud “I want another child”.
6. In the early 10s, Lil Durk began his career as a rapper with Chief Keef. However, he was never signed to his Glory Boyz Entertainment label and ended up quarreling with him for reasons never really established.
Today, however, the two men are on good terms.
7. Another rapper who has taken it under his wing: French Montana. Although he claimed to be a member of the Coke Boys at the time, Lil Durk was never contractually committed to the crew, something he later half-repentantly regretted.
« French showed me things I always wanted to see. I didn’t sign with him because he was young and stupid. »
8. Despite the fame, over the years, many of his relatives died a violent death.
In 2014, his cousin McArthur Swindle, a member of the OTF, was shot and killed by an opposition Chicago gang.
The same for his manager Uchenna Agina in 2015.
On June 6 last year, his older brother DThang was shot in the head while leaving a strip club. He was 32 years old.
All that, without obviously forgetting King Von.
9. In June 2019, was arrested with King Von for attempted murder. According to the prosecutor, they allegedly killed a man in Atlanta a few months earlier to steal his car and $30,000.
Jailed, they had to pay bail of 250,000 and 300,000 dollars, respectively.
10. All these difficulties pushed Lil Durk to convert to islam.
The one who called himself “Allah of Chicago” (expression that he regrets today) now multiplies the references to his faith in his verses -in the recent In the Bible of Drake, for example you can hear him say “I am a Muslim/I am guided by the Koran”.
eleven. In October 2021 he announced on the networks I want to go back to school.
12. Guest in 2014 by Lacrim on their way we don’t do thatLil Durk seems to have particularly enjoyed the experience, even though he doesn’t speak a word of French.
« It was crazy to work with a foreign rapper (…) When we shot the video, I understood what he was talking about. […] Everything was fine, we talked about the same things. ».
Eight years later, a second feat is rumored to be on the way.
13. good attention, book Lil Durk is not free. The rapper recently disclosed that he was taking $100,000 for a showand $350,000 for a feature if he “don’t know”.
14. last July, several men broke into his house. Present at the scene with his girlfriend, Lil Durk allegedly responded by shooting. Fortunately, no injuries were reported.
fifteen. If Lil Durk isn’t not present in where by Kanye Westit’s simply because he missed his plane to join ‘Ye in the studio.
sixteen. Posted on March 11 7220the seventh album is the first on the charts number 1 on the charts in the first week with 120,000 copies sold.
Keep in mind, however, that Lil Durk had previously climbed to the top step of the podium, not alone, but in a duet, with Lil Baby for the voice of heroes in 2021.
17. Title 7220 refers to zip code of the address where your grandmother livedas well as the title of the autobiography published in 2021 by his mother, Lashawnda Woodard.
18. Surprising as it may seem, Benny The Butcher Praises Lil Durk.
Although the thin sheet of the Griselda Records label offers a rap light years away from his, rather than enter into a sterile brawl with Lil Durk because his album Tana talk 4 comes out the same day 7220he prefers to play the appeasement card.
“I could never be mad at him. I respect his trajectory, it took him 10 years to get to where he is. Also, he and I work with boys together. Between him and me, everything is fine. »
19. With the exception of his little person, Lil Durk feels that right now the top three rappers in the game are Lil Baby, Kodak Black and 21 Savage.
twenty. Does Lil Durk make $40 million a year? In any case, this is the sum his deal with Def Jam would bring him if we are to believe. your statements.