Rage Against The Machine, Maroon 5, Luke Combs and a trio of stars from Quebec will participate in July in the great meeting of the Festival d’été de Québec with the Plains of Abraham.
• Read also: [SONDAGE] What do you think of the 2022 edition?
Scheduled for the first time from July 7 to 17, the FEQ will exceptionally kick off the night before, on Wednesday 6, with a carte blanche concert with Charlotte Cardin.
Halsey, Alanis Morissette, the mega-hit singer SlowlyLuis Fonsi, Jack Johnson, DG Marshmello, Half Moon Run, Loud (also on the white card) and the group $uicideboy$ will be the other headliners in Los Llanos.
Although several names (Morissette, RATM, Johnson, Marshmello, Halsey) were on the bill for the festival that was canceled in 2020, programmer Louis Bellavance says he had no easy task during the development of the schedule.
“Alanis, three or four times I thought it wouldn’t work because the tour was coming out in the fall. Same for RATM, I don’t know how many times they moved the tour. It was a roller coaster. »
Maroon 5, the ace in the hole
As festival goers had guessed the identity of several artists, Louis Bellavance wanted to pull an ace up his sleeve. The element of surprise was Maroon 5.
“It was impossible to connect with them unless someone spoke,” said Louis Bellavance, referring to information first obtained by The newspaperthe eve.
After a few years of absence, the country will return to the Llanos through the very popular Luke Combs.
FEQ also tests festival-goers’ interest in Latin music by inviting Luis Fonsi. “It’s a booming market and Quebec is one of the strongest areas of this movement,” says Mr. Bellavance.
Classic rock skips its turn
Among the notable absences from the 2022 lineup, there are classic rock artists, which however rains and shines in the FEQ since international stars occupy the Llanos.
Time passes, observes Louis Bellavance.
“We don’t close the door, but it’s over. These artists will soon be gone and the ones that are still aren’t at their peak. »
Europeans are also rare on the 2022 grid, a phenomenon not specific to the FEQ, its programmer testifies.
“Cross the ocean less. There are many artists in Europe this year. They are the ones who get the big slice of the cake. It is difficult to compete with them economically and I have the feeling that the artists listened to the offers from Europe before ours. I look at what we have and I stumble, but surely there are cases that have escaped us. »
The name of one of Luis Fonsi’s opening act is expected to be announced on Thursday. It will then remain to be disclosed, within a month, the list of artists who will perform at the Armory.
Plains of Abraham (Bell Stage)
Charlotte Cardin – Carte blanche (July 6)
- Opening acts: Jessia, Lennon Stella
Jack Johnson (7 joules)
- Opening acts: Geoffroy, Tash Sultana
Luke Combs (8 Joules)
- Opening acts: Talk, Matt Lang
Garnet 5 (9 joules)
- Opening Parties: Dizzy, Alicia Moffet, Gayle
$uicideBoy$ (July 10)
- Opening Parties: Night Lovell, Denzel Curry, 2 Chainz
Halsey (11 joules)
- Opening acts: Cannons, Remi Wolf
Loud – Carte blanche (July 12)
- Opening acts: 20some, Rymz, Romeo Elvis
Marshmello (July 13)
- Opening acts: Millimetrik, Oliver Heldens, Alison Wonderland
Luis Fonsi (July 14)
- Opening act: Alex Sensation
Alanis Morissette (July 15)
- Supporting Acts: The Beaches, Garbage
Rage Against The Machine (July 16)
- Opening Parties: Nieto, Alexisonfire
Half Moon Run – Carte blanche (July 17)
- Opening Parties: Walk Off The Earth, Walk The Moon
Parc de la Francophonie (Loto-Québec Stage / SiriusXM Stage)
AJR (July 7)
- Opening Parties: X Ambassadors, Daisy The Great, Monowhales, Group Project
Dean Lewis (8 Joules)
- Opening Parties: The Revivalists, Tom Gregory, Pelch, Ocean Alley
Patrick Watson (July 9)
- Supporters: Spoon, JP Saxe, Basia Bulat, Kanen, Fernie
Ariane Moffatt (July 10)
- Supporters: Émile Bilodeau, Safia Nolin, Maude Audet, La Bronze, Thaïs
Three days of grace (July 11)
- Premiere Parties: The Tea Party, Finger Eleven, Crown Lands, The Man Who
- Supporters: Tai Verdes, Magdalena Bay, Haiku Hands, Claudia Bouvette
Louis-Jean Cormier (July 13)
- Opening acts: Vincent Vallières, Lou-Adriane Cassidy, Laurence-Anne, Laura Niquay
Lil Tecca (14 Joules)
- Opening Parties: Freddie Gibbs, Young MA, Snotty Rez Kids, Babysantana
Add 41 (15 joules)
- Opening Parties: Pennywise, Millencolin, The OBGMS, Nobro
Milky Chance (16 joules)
- Opening acts: Clay and Friends, Renforshort, Jay Scott, Magi Merlin, Marilyne Léonard
Fouki (July 17)
- Opening acts: Koriass, Sarahmée, Vendou, Marie-Gold, Fredz
Heart of the FEQ – Place de l’Assemblée-Nationale (Hydro-Québec Stage)
Good Boy (July 7)
- Opening acts: Arooj Aftab, Robert Robert
Hubert Lenoir (July 8)
- Opening acts: Choses Sauvages, Lydia Képinski
Lisa LeBlanc (July 9)
- Opening acts: P’tit Belliveau, Gab Paquet
Robert Finley (10 Joules)
- Opening acts: Malika Tirolien, Miro
Femi Kuti & The Positive Force (July 11)
- Opening acts: Lindigo, Ifriqiyya Electric
Tiken Jah Fakoly (July 12)
- Premiere parties: Lido Pimienta, Maria José Llergo
The Weather Station (July 13)
- Supporting Acts: Teke::Teke, Paul Jacobs
Gros Mené (July 14)
- Opening acts: Les Deuxluxes, Miels
Dakhabrakha (July 15)
- Opening Acts: Calamine
Urban Science Brass Band (July 16)
- Opening acts: Fùgù Mango, Tami Neilson
Pongo (July 17)
- First parts: Almighty Orchestra Marcel Duchamp, Valence